Please pass this link around if you know someone who is involved with a small non-profit or school that could use any of my wildlife or nature photos for their EDUCATIONAL projects.
As the new Executive Director of Friends of Sax-Zim Bog (a 501c3 non-profit http://www.SaxZim.org) I know how tight budgets can be. Don’t get me wrong, I am a fierce advocate of photographers getting paid for their work—Would you ask a plumber to give you free service just because he/she LOVES his/her job? The answer is NO, but yet photographers are asked all the time to give their photos away…often by organizations or companies that pay their CEO 10-times my annual take-home. But education about the natural world is one of the BIG reasons I love wildlife/nature photography, and I am happy to give it away to small non-profits and schools who are trying to do the same. Forward this to any teacher or non-profit employee or board member that you think might be able to use my images. Thanks!
There are a few stipulations:
1. The non-profit must have an annual operating budget UNDER $250,000
2. Photos may ONLY be used for EDUCATIONAL projects and materials (kiosks, brochures, flyers, classes, programs)
3. Photos MAY NOT be used for creation of products that will be sold to raise money; e.g. calendars, mugs, t-shirts (*Unless I give permission before hand).
4. All images used must be accompanied by a photo credit which reads “Sparky Stensaas/www.ThePhotoNaturalist.com”
5. Please contact me at email@example.com or at 218.341.3350 to get permission, choose file size, and discuss the image’s use.
Go to www.SparkyPhotos.com to peruse the galleries and choose images.
ORGANIZATIONS WHO HAVE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF THIS OFFER
A. Hawk Ridge Bird Observatory
B. Friends of Sax-Zim Bog
C. Hartley Nature Center
Texas Horned Lizard (Phrynosoma cornutum—Sick Dog Ranch near Alice, Texas)
Coyote pair hunting (Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming)
California Poppies (Lancaster, California)
Birk Anders Stensaas at Hawk Ridge (2 years old)
Paddling the Boundary Waters Canoe Area (Gunflint Trail, Minnesota)